Every marriage has its highs and lows but remember that the concept of ‘romance’ is different from true love.
By Nourin Ibrahim
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Every woman feels a dip in her married life at one time or another. It is quite natural but it becomes a threat when you continue in that mode and fall deep into the negative practice of questioning the love in your marriage.
If you are struggling to find the lost romance in your life just remember it is still there. The only thing is that you cannot see it. Here are a few signs you might be missing when you forget that he still loves you:
- We fail to realise that when he teases you about your headaches or backaches, he is actually acknowledging your dedication towards the family.
- He waited for you to wake up to get his morning tea so that your sleep is not disturbed or may be he doesn’t know to make it 😀.
- If you have people telling you after a few years of marriage that “all men change”, keep them away. Believe in your man.
- He may not bring you a red rose every week or send you a romantic card but he does take care of your children so that you get some rest or tries to do chores in the house (however small they may be) which he has never done in his life before.
- Candlelight dinners are always considered romantic but your ‘romantic things to do’ list is best written by yourself. A delivered pizza or baked cake can also make a romantic date.
- Stop comparing your life with others. Don’t be deluded by social media.
رَبَّنَا هَبْ لَنَا مِنْ أَزْوَاجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّاتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعْيُنٍ وَاجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا
“Our Lord, grant us from among our wives and offspring comfort to our eyes and make us an example for the righteous.”
This is one of the best duas you can make for a happy family life.
- Have you seen him turn back to see if you are following or ask you stay at home because the weather is not good? This is what care means.
- Life keeps changing and responsibilities pile up. If we still think like a newlywed bride we are making things difficult for ourselves and our spouse.
Now take a deep breath and think of all the little gestures that your husband has done for you … Yes, he still loves you more and more each day.